Wednesday, April 29, 2020

While I'm Waiting

There are so many of us in a waiting period right now due to COVID-19 and other circumstances. People are waiting on their places of work to reopen, schools to open back up, surgeries to be done, treatments to start back, and so much more. What do we do during this waiting period of waiting for the physical things? What do we do during the waiting period of the spiritual things? Things we know can only come from God... 

Have you ever seen the movie Fireproof? One of my favorite songs to listen to in a spiritual "waiting period" is from this movie. 

Take a moment and listen: While I'm Waiting

I'm waiting/ I'm waiting on You, Lord /And I am hopeful /I'm waiting on You, Lord/ Though it is painful/ But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident/ Taking every step in obedience/ While I'm waiting/ I will serve You/ While I'm waiting/ I will worship/ While I'm waiting/ I will not faint/ I'll be running the race/ Even while I waitI'm waiting/ I'm waiting on You, Lord /And I am peaceful/ I'm waiting on You, Lord

Though it's not easy, no/ But faithfully, I will wait/ Yes, I will wait

And I will move ahead, bold and confident/ Taking every step in obedience/ While I'm waiting/ I will serve You/ While I'm waiting/ I will worship/ While I'm waiting/ I will not faint/ I'll be running the race/ Even while I wait (x2)


And I will serve You while I'm waiting/ I will worship while I'm waiting/ I will serve You while I'm waiting/ I will worship while I'm waiting/ I will serve you while I'm waiting/ I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord 


There are so many verses in the Bible that tell us to wait. So while we are waiting let's worship, serve, be hopeful, be confident in the Lord, be obedient, and be faithful! We must have a willing heart to wait no matter what we are "waiting" for! After you pray, do take time to sit and listen or do we move on to the next busy part of our lives? I know there are very few times that I have done that. But as I sit here and think about, it makes so much sense to listen for a reply. We don't just say what we need to say on the phone and not give the other person a chance to reply, do we? 

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the Lord;
He inclined to me
and heard my cry. 

Psalm 27:13-14
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
Wait on the Lord.
Be of good courage
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord. 

Lamentations 3:22-26
Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, 
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is thy faithfulness,
The Lord is my portion, says my soul, 
Therefore I have hope in Him. 
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, 
To the soul who seeks Him.
It is good that one should hope and wait quietly
For the salvation of the Lord. 

Lord, 
I pray today, that we would patiently wait on you. I pray for our hearts to continually be strengthened by our relationship with you. I pray that we all would continue to worship and serve as we wait. Give us the patience we need Lord! Thank you for being our hope everyday! Thank you for your mercies being new every morning! AMEN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...