Wednesday, April 22, 2020

FEAR

Google defines fear as "an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat." (n)

In my original post on social media to announce that I would be sharing our story, I mentioned the story in Mark 4 about Jesus calming the storm and I just wanted to dig a little deeper into it. In this story we see two types of fear. First, we see that the disciples ask Jesus in v38, "do You not care that we are perishing?." After Jesus calms the storm, He asked in verse 40, "Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have so little faith?" The disciples are scared just as many of us are when we go through different situations. We are fearful of our desires not being met. We are fearful of how long the journey will last. We are fearful of things being out of our control. REALITY CHECK, things are not in our control. Jesus is in complete control. Secondly, verse 41 says, "And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, "Who can this be that even the wind and the sea obey Him!"" Is this the same type of fear? Absolutely not. This is faith, awe-filled/reverence fear of God.

Here is our struggle: Our worst fear through this process (like I think about this daily) is that it won't end with our hearts desires being met in the way we imagine it.

So we have to continue to cry out to Him in faith during our times of trouble. Many times when I find myself feeling this way, I have to stop myself wherever I am at and just pray to God. I have to release my fears to him. I learned this in Secret Church last year in reference to Philippians 4:6-7..."PRAYER EXCHANGES ANXIETY FOR PEACE." WOW! God is already ready to listen, if we will take the time and have the faith to cast our fears on Him.

(And a side note, if you've never heard of Secret Church you should definitely look it up. It is coming THIS FRIDAY, the 24th.)

Psalm 107:28-31
Then they cry out to the Lord in their trouble,
And He brings them out of their distresses.
He calms the storm,
So that its waves are still.
Then they are glad because they are quiet;
So He guides them to their desired haven.
Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness.
And for his marvelous works to the children of men!

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Philippians 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Psalm 23
When I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear NO evil;
For YOU are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.



Fear no more- Building 429
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cJFAGw3OaQ
I will fear no more- The Afters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBOpf-bArKs
Fear is a Liar- Zach Williams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1srs1YoTVzs
No Longer Slaves- Jonathan David
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8TkUMJtK5k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...