Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs Ps 100:2

Worship...
I was recently introduced to a new song- Rattle by Elevation Worship. This live video is 10 minutes long and is worth every second of listening too. It is very powerful! Last week, I talked about things that we should be doing during our waiting period; worship was one of them.

The first thing that comes up in most people's minds is worshipping through music! However, worship is more than just songs we sing on Sundays and in the car. There are many acts of worship through serving, giving, and living the life God has called us too.

On the days when I am struggling mentally, one of the things I like to do is turn on k-love or christian radio on amazon music, youtube, etc. and spend some time worshipping through music. Sometimes I just walk around the house singing them as loud as I can. It seems to help me physically relax, and be filled with the Spirit.

Scripture about worship:

Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things. Ps 98:1a

Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. Ps 95:6

Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Ps 100:2

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshippers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshippers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshippers must worship in the Spirit and in truth. John 4:23-24
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God- this is your true and proper worship. Romans 12:1

Here are some of my favorites that remind me of how God is in control!

Anchor - Skillet
Anchor by Skillet Video

WayMaker- Michael W. Smith
WayMaker Video

Even If - MercyMe
Even If Video

I Still Believe- Jeremy Camp
I Still Believe

Strong Enough- Matthew West
Strong Enough

Battles- The Afters
Battles


I challenge you to drop what you're doing spend some time worshipping God with your favorite songs! Sing to him, for He HAS done marvelous things! 

Comment with some of your favorite songs to listen to during difficult times! I'd love to add to my list! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...