Thursday, April 9, 2020

God's Plan > Our Plan

As the doctor says, after a year of trying is when most couples go through different
tests to see if something is preventing you from getting pregnant. January 2019 - HSG
is scheduled and an analysis for my husband. An HSG is a procedure they perform to
see if your fallopian tubes are blocked. The procedure and test both give us results that
we don’t like. Results that gave us a reason for the set back. Results that we knew could
possibly prevent us from ever having children naturally. 

At this point, our prayer life had become all about extending our family. I remember questioning whether or not that was even ok in God's eyes? We had turned every opportunity into praying about us...but this journey isn't about just us. I was and am still thankful for our support system: family, friends, church family. I knew they were praying for us as well. But I still felt guilty about being selfish in my prayers. God tells us in many places in the Bible to ask and we shall receive. What did that really mean though? It took a long time for me to understand. Do you think if I asked God for 1 million dollars he would give it to me? We shall receive what we ask for if it is in alignment with God's plan and purpose for our lives. So our prayers changed...Let thy will be done!

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

We attempted naturally for a few more months will vitamins, and other things we were told could help.


Our journey took a turn to ART Fertility Clinic in May 2019. Driving two hours for a doctors
appointment, waiting over an hour to see the doctor, having to do more tests, and other
things while we are there. We made a plan with the doctor.

PLAN: Katey takes medicine, and gives herself shots (Terrible, right?), and then an IUI will be done.

The REAL question...is this God's plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...