Thursday, April 9, 2020

Home Sweet Home (Montgomery's Doctor's Office)

Do you ever feel like you have a second home? I used to think it was my work, but after this past year...it's the doctor's office. 

After our appointment in May, we decide to try a round of the medicine (pills/shots) without doing the IUI. 

1. June- unsuccessful
2. July- unsuccessful
3. August- unsuccessful IUI 
4. September- unsuccessful IUI 

All of the negative test results were just drowning us mentally. 

September is when I started reading the book It's Not Supposed to Be This Way. Even though this book isn't centered around fertility, it is centered on our life struggles and disappointments--the things that we could have never predicted would happen in our lives. I highly recommend reading it. It even has a Group Bible study that goes along with it. So if you have the opportunity to read it with a group, meet, and discuss it, I bet it would be even more powerful! 

Next step, Video conference with our doctor in Birmingham. 
Decision: Katey is going to have surgery to correct the blocked fallopian tube. 
How did I feel: Scared to DEATH! But I knew it had to be done! This was supposed to be a last option, but it is what we came too. 

Surgery: 
In October 2019, I have the surgery. Does it turn out like we think? NOPE! Again, God's plan is GREATER! The results were in and I was diagnosed with endometriosis. And guess what? My tube...was not blocked. The endometriosis build up was removed during surgery. I was informed of everything as soon as I came back to the room out of recovery. I remember trying to hold back the tears, but that didn't work to well with all of the medicine I had consumed. My husband was so comforting, and reassuring me that everything was going to be ok. 

However, I was at the point again- All I wanted to do was question God. Why? Why? Why us? Why him? Why do we keep getting more news that is not helping us be where we are supposed to be? Is this even in your plan, Lord? I pray it is Lord, for his sake. Not for me Lord, but for him! 

My verse I turn to the most: 
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD. Psalm 46:10  

What does it mean to be still? I think it is constantly telling me to take a step back, be patient, listen, and remember WHO GOD IS! Let's quote a popular song... "You are way maker, miracle worker, promise keeper, light in the darkness, MY GOD THAT IS WHO YOU ARE."

Are you confident in who God is? My answer to this is yes, but when life brings us through struggles we have to remember what we've learned and put it into practice!


Be Doers James 1:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...