Thursday, November 5, 2020

The Tough Questions

 I recently had a friend that asked me a really tough question. Before I tell you what that question was, I want to share this song. 

More Than Enough- Jesus Culture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8D5-YOBK0 

Question: Is Jesus Enough? If He is all I had, is He enough for me?

WOW! What a question. My first reaction is yes of course Jesus is enough! Well let’s take this question a little further… If we never have children, is Jesus enough? If we never grow our family beyond us, is Jesus enough? If we never give our parents grandchildren, is Jesus enough for all of us? 

I am almost in tears typing this because it just hits me so deeply. If Jesus is enough, then why can’t I totally surrender everything that is going on in our lives to Him? Is the path I am on the same one God wants me on? Am I taking what the Lord has blessed me with and using it to further His Kingdom? 

All I ask is you take these questions..plug in whatever you are struggling with...and reflect! And then pray! 

Our Journey update: 

We did not share our most recent part of the journey with many people. Since our miscarriage we have already been back to the doctor for another round of fertility meds, and IUI. Once again, our numbers were perfect (probably even better than last time). Our results were negative again. It was the hurt of the miscarriage was at us all over again when we got the negative. Scientifically, everything should have worked this past round. I ask that you continue to pray for us as we decide what is next with our journey. Do we use the last IUI we have covered by our insurance? Do we start saving money again for IVF? What I can tell you, is that we pray often that God’s will for us is to have a biological child. But here we go again with the question….if it isn’t in His plan, is He enough? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...