Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Endometriosis Awareness Month

March is Endometriosis Awareness month. 

An estimated 1 in 10 women suffer from endometriosis. I am 1 in 10. In October 2019, I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I was having surgery to have a tube unblocked, and the Dr. discovered the endometriosis and removed it. I also ended up finding out that both of my tubes were open. 

Many women don't know that they have endometriosis. Most aren't diagnosed until they are in their 30s or 40s. 

So what is endometriosis? Well it is when tissue (like what lines the uterus) is found on the outside of the uterus. It can be found within a few different places; ovaries or behind the uterus. 

What are the symptoms? Extremely painful periods, pelvic pain, pain when using the restroom, fatigue, infertility, and a few more. 

Is there a way to cure it? No. Two things can be done. First, pain can be managed with medicine. Second, surgery to remove it. 

Why do we need to raise awareness about it? The same reason we raise awareness about infertility, cancer, other diseases....to educate others, to let others know they aren't alone, to raise money for a cause, or to help a friend or love one understand what someone is going through. 

Dear God, 

I pray for all the women suffering from endometriosis. I pray that they would know they aren't alone. I pray they'd know you are right beside them along this ride of life. I pray for pain to lessen and for questions to be answered. In Jesus Name! Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...