Wednesday, July 1, 2020

This is my story, this is my song

The Story I'll Tell

This morning, I was reading through a page I follow, I came across this beautiful song! And decided to change today's topic. The lyrics of the first verse really spoke to me and our situation. They say: 

"The hour is dark 
And it’s hard to see 
What you are doin’
Here in the ruins
And where this will lead
Oh but I know
That down through the years
I’ll look on this moment
See your hand on it
And know you were here"

We all have a story! We may or may not choose to share it with others ... A story of Jesus saving us, a story of hope, a story of a miracle, etc. We also have the stories that we don't enjoy talking about. Maybe it is the story of infertility, miscarriage, loss of a loved one, addiction, or others. The one story that remains the same God! We may not know or see what He is doing in the ruin, but he remains the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow: Holy, loving, all-powerful, all-knowing, always present, patient, selfless, and so much more! 

I recently watched Facing the Giants, a Kendrick Brother movie and one of my favorite quotes that doesn't just apply to football: "If we win we praise Him, if we lose we praise Him!" 

Do you believe that He is part of your story each and everyday even when you feel like you may be winning at life or losing at life? Are we telling His story too? #Godsnotdonewithyou


Story update: We will be heading back to the doctor this month. I haven't been doing well on the weight loss the past few weeks, but am down 15lbs. Prayers for no cyst at the appointment so we are able to try a new round of treatments. As always, thank you for your prayers and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...