Wednesday, June 24, 2020

To the Future Father

This is the letter and prayer I wrote to my husband on Father's Day! I have probably said this before, but when we think of infertility we think of women and what they go through. We don't necessarily think about how the husband feels or what he may be going through. I am thankful for my husband that stands by my side no matter challenge we face in life. So if you know a couple that is going through infertility, don't forget to ask about how the husband is doing in the journey and pray for his strength too.


So this week, I wanted to share the letter & prayer I wrote to him on Father's day.


To: The Future Father


Honey,


First I want to say that I am not sure how you are feeling on this day. I am not sure if it hurts you as much to see all the Father’s Day things, as it does for me to handle all the Mother’s Day things. I know you prefer not to talk about it much, but I know you are going through the same feelings I am every time there is an announcement, etc. I want to write you this letter as an encouragement, as a reminder that you are not alone, as a reminder that we are in this together as a team! When I hurt, you hurt...when you hurt, I hurt. Thank you for always being my shoulder to cry on. Thank you for being supportive through my side of treatments. I pray that we will continue to do all that we can do and promised to do in order to try to make our hearts desire a reality. I pray for us often as I know that it is something we think about as every single day goes by without a child, without a little one to hold in our arms, without creating a cute announcement or nursery, and more.


I pray that we would continue to grow in our relationship with Christ daily and seek His plan over our own. I pray that we would remember to lean on each other when the world reminds us we aren’t parents yet. I pray that we would continue to put God first in our marriage as we let his plan unfold for our lives. I pray that when the time comes for hard decisions that we would make it with our hearts turned towards God, and not our heads desires. I pray for our next round of treatments to work so that next year, we will be able to celebrate Mother’s Day and Father’s Day happily with our gift from God.


I love you so much and cannot wait to see you as a dad to our future child/children. I wait patiently for God to allow this plan to unfold in our lives.


Love,

Katey


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6 


But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. Romans 8:25


The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...