Wednesday, June 10, 2020

In a valley...on a struggle bus...

Do you ever tell people that your on the struggle bus?

I probably say it way too often. It is definitely how I am feeling today. I have typed multiple topics to share, but I can't seem to make any of them sound right or flow correctly. So here I am at 4:00 in the afternoon, struggling to find the right words to share today. I came to the conclusion that I would just share this struggle. 

Truth is only 10-15 people have read the last few post and I have been struggling with whether or not I should continue. Is it worth it for me to continue to share my heart and our journey with only a handful of people reading? The answer is always YES! Yes because I felt like God led me to sharing and yes because...

One of those people might need encouragement that day. 
One of those people might have the same obstacle in front of them. 
One of those people may need a prayer said for them today. 
One of those people may need to see God at work in my life as a reminder that He is still working in theirs. 
One of those people may just need a reminder that someone is struggling just as much as they are. 

So instead of continuing to focus on the fact that I am struggling today, I turn to scripture to the list of things we should be focusing on daily as we press on. As we continue to maneuver through whatever valley we are facing, let us not forget the things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, virtuous, good, praiseworthy...

"I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 3:14

"Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God peace will be with you." 
Philippians 4:8-9

As we press on in our fertility journey, and prepare to return in July, I'm reminded that our plan is not what we need to focus on. God's plan is greater. He is the God of the hills and valleys, and WE ARE NOT ALONE. We are called to join God in his plan, towards His goal. 

Dear God, 
I pray that you would help us to keep our focus on You, and things that align with You and Your plan. I pray no matter the valley or the struggle we are in Lord that you would continue to guide us, to press us toward the goal of fulfilling your call. I pray that your Spirit would continue to fill me with the words that need to be shared as I continue to try to be an example for others. Thank you for always being with us. Great is Thy faithfulness! Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...