Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Worth

So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27 

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are your works. Psalm 139:14 

For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16

But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7 


As we just celebrated Mother's Day a week and a half ago...I wonder if it is hard for anyone else that is going through infertility too? Or if men struggle with celebrating Father's Day too? We want to be celebrated on this day so so so bad too! 

So does the possibility of not being parents change our worth to the world? to God? 
Maybe to the world we are less, I don't know really. Do I ever feel like I am less of woman because I can't have a baby? Does my husband feel less of a man with us not being able to have a child right now? Well, I am gonna leave those questions right there...and focus on what God says about our worth to Him? 

The Bible tells us that we are CREATED IN GOD'S IMAGE, FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE, LOVED SO MUCH THAT GOD SACRIFICED HIS SON FOR US, CHOSEN, DAUGHTERS AND SONS OF A KING, REDEEMED, MADE ALIVE IN CHRIST AND SO MUCH MORE.

I have been reading 1 Samuel 1-2: The story of Hannah and here are some notes I previously had written in my Bible regarding her story.  
-Hannah poured out her heart before the Lord over and over! 
-The Lord remembered her.
-Prayer involves expressions of the longings of our heart, conviction that God hears and responds to our cries, and devotion of God's gift for God's glory. 

Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4 

Dear God, As we continue to pour out our hearts desires to you we are thankful that you hear them and that we know the correct response will come in your timing. I pray we'd continue to remember these things on our journey. I pray for all that are struggling. I pray for their strength, I pray for the desires of their heart too Lord. We love you Lord, and thank you for all that you are doing in our lives in the midst of our infertility journey. Help to always remember who we are in your eyes! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...