Wednesday, January 12, 2022

FET Diary, Part 1

Sunday, December 26th: 

 Brandon and I hope that you had a very merry Christmas! 

Over the break, Christmas brought more than just celebrating Jesus, family time, presents, etc.... it also brought my cycle 10-12 days earlier than normal. I'm so thankful to have friends at the fertility office that I can ask questions too. Today's hope is that I can get into the doctor either tomorrow or Tuesday. Then we will go from there. If I calculated correctly, our FET would fall around January 13th-ish. Again, not sure how everything will fall because of the holidays, but we are excited this has finally come around! 

Dear God, 

Today I pray that this is your timing, and it is your will Lord! Help guide us through the process as it can take a toll on both of us. I pray that we seek you in all decisions made, and that we continue to be each other's rocks as we start this all over again! Thank you for what you have done for us in 2021, and we look forward to seeing you move in our lives in 2022. AMEN. 

Tuesday December 28th: 

I was able to go to the doctor today, and my ultrasound looked great! 

I did have to get my thyroid rechecked today, and that could play a big factor in whether or not move forward with the FET. My bloodwork came back great! No problems, except my thyroid is still a little elevated, but not too much. My medicine is just being adjusted for it. So we officially are scheduled for January 13th at 2:00PM for our FET!!!!  

Medicines for now: Thyroid, lovenox shot, estrogen, daily vitamin, folic acid, and eventually we will add the progesterone in oil shot (the terrible ones). But we have to do what it takes! We are just so excited to be moving forward in the process. I go back to the doctor for a check on Thursday, January 6th. 

Dear God, 

We thank you for good results and levels today! We pray that as we continue we will get results necessary to move forward with each step Lord. Thank you for not letting us walk alone Lord. We know you are with us always! AMEN 

Tuesday January 4th: Happy New Year!

Over the past few days, we've had some really great things happen! First, we received our bill for the transfer...and I know you are thinking, why is this great? It is great because it is around $2,000 less than we were expecting to pay! YAY! The second thing, is after reflecting on the first thing, I had this crazy feeling and I am not really sure how to explain it. I was doing my Bible Study yesterday and a voice popped in my head that Brandon and I needed to gift someone with part of the difference from what we expected to pay. I was like, did I really just hear/think that? Well after talking to a co-worker about it, she was so supportive just saying that it was definitely meant to be. Brandon and I have been so blessed with financial support throughout this process. Between us and the people who have given - at least $25,000 has been spent during our journey.  So, how are we going to gift this money? I am not sure. We have a couple in mind that we might give it to or we might just do it randomly through the fertility office. Not sure yet! I am not telling you all this to take the glory either, I just really want to follow what I believe my heart and God is telling us to do! 

Thursday January 6th: 

Today was appointment day. This morning my ultrasound went really well. Throughout the day today, I had to speak with insurance multiple times about the progesterone in oil shots. Apparently my insurance will let me order one time through a normal pharmacy, but then it has to be sent to a specialty pharmacy. I called the doctor's office and left a message for the nurse, but I have heard anything back yet as of 2:30. I am also waiting to hear back about blood work from this morning. Blood work came back great! So we are one step closer to the transfer! One week to go! 

Saturday January 8th: 

Today we started progesterone shots. This is one of the worst things, in my opinion. However, I just have to remind myself that I have to do! The funny part about it is, is that I have to take these shots at exactly 10AM everyday. So, while at church, while at work, while Brandon is working.... Good thing I have some really great people in my corner that I trust to give me these shots! 

Dear God, 

I thank you that we were able to move to the next spot in the process! We thank you for blessing us financially, and for putting on our hearts to give! We ask that it is blessed as it is given to such a worthy couple Lord! We pray that we continue to follow and trust in you as we go through the next step! We pray for our precious embryo to thaw perfectly and be ready for transfer when we get there! We love you! Amen! 

Monday January 10th:

Well today, I had to give the progesterone shot to myself for the first time. It was not fun, but at least today was a day for my dominate side. 

We are counting down the days! Only 3 more to go until we are PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise)! And it is CRAZY exciting to think we will know on January 21st! 

Dear God, as we go through this week, we thank you for getting us here! We are so grateful for our friends and family who have been praying for us. We pray that you continue to keep us stress free, and that the devil would flee with his negativity. AMEN

Tuesday January 11th: 

 2 days until PUPO! 10 days until test day!

Wednesday January 12th: 

1 day until PUPO! 9 days until test day!

Please be praying that everything goes as planned and that it is in God's plan for this to work out! 

Part 2 will come soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...