Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Why share?

Why do I share our story?

   Well, I used to think that this journey was a SUPER LONELY one because I only knew a hand full of people who had been or are going through it. I used to think that no one would understand my hurt, my questions, my rollercoaster of emotions, etc. How wrong was I? There is a whole community of couples speaking of their journeys. Why do I and others do it?

1. I do because I feel like God called me too. 

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

2. We do it to let people know that they are not alone. 

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Psalm 23:4

3. We do it to let people know there is hope!

This hope is an strong and trustworthy anchor for the soul. Hebrews 6:19a

4. We do it to glorify our God through the hard times. 

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. James 1:2-4

5. We do it to document our journey, so we can look back one day and say that we saw God's hand in it. 

6. We do it to build community, a safe place, where this hard and misunderstood topic can be spoken about. 

7. We do it to educate others.

I can count at least 15-20 people that have reached out to me since I started the blog (and this isn't to boast, etc). These people may be going through infertility or other things in life, and just needing an uplifting or to know that they are not alone. I get overwhelmed with every story I hear. One persons story makes all this sharing worth it. The amount of views don't matter. What matters is reaching people and showing them they aren't alone! 

If you've fought a battle and God is tugging at your heart for you to share...Don't be afraid to do it! Pray about it and let Him guide you through the way. I was scared to death when I first started this questioning what will people think? But then, if it is something I feel like God was telling me to do...how would God feel if I didn't do it? 

Dear God, I pray for the eyes reading this! I pray for them to have strength to make it through whatever their battle is right now Lord. Help them to have courage to share if it is something they are meant to do. Help us to let our stories impact others in only ways you know it can! Amen! 

Today's song choice by Maverick City Music:  

When I lock eyes with You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...