Monday, September 13, 2021

Getting Ready to face our failed IVF again

       I feel like it has been forever since I have wrote in the blog. Thank you all for your support over the past month as we have been sorting through feelings, trying to understand why, and praying about what is next. 
      We are preparing to revisit our failed IVF next week. On September 20th, we have a follow-up appointment to discuss next steps. Since all of this has happened, we've been called twice to move up our appointment, but I just wasn't ready. I'm not sure that I'm ready now, but we are preparing ourselves. What will be our recommendation? To move forward with the frozen embryo transfer, to completely do a new round of IVF so we can do genetic testing, or move on? We pray the next steps will work and bring glory to God, but at this point in our journey it is almost hard to believe it will work. 
     At church we started a new series called Battling against the mind. Let me just say that this journey has definitely been that. It has been full of fear and doubt, but hope has shown up many times in between too. Jennie Allen's Book Get Out of Your Head was mentioned several times, and Brandon and I were both talking about getting it to read. I've heard her talk about in a podcast, but never bought it. If you've read it I'd love to know your thoughts. 

    Prayer Request: 
    - That we make a plan
    - That we feel at peace about the plan
    - That the doctor's hand will be guided when helping us make a decision
    - That we are ready to move forward emotionally, mentally, and financially 
    - That we are giving thanks to God for whatever way is provided 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...