Wednesday, April 27, 2022

National Infertility Awareness Week

This week is National Infertility Awareness Week. Today was specifically celebrated by many around the country by wearing orange! I didn't even think about asking people to participate in it, but I will definitely try to remember to next year! So let's share some facts about infertility awareness: 
  • It was founded in 1989 by the National Fertility Association. 
  • 1 in 8 couples face infertility
  • It is no ones fault
  • The color orange promotes a sense of wellness, emotional energy to be shared: compassion, passion, and warmth. Helps to recover from disappointments, a wounded heart, or a blow to one’s pride. Studies show that orange can create a heightened sense of activity, increased socialization, boost in aspiration, contentment, assurance, confidence and understanding. 
  • About 1/3 of infertility cases are attributed to a female partner, 1/3 is attributed to a male partner, and the final 1/3 is either a combination of problems in both partners or is unexplained. 

Today was the finale of the Blessed Brokenness Group! These women have been such a blessing to be around the past few months! I thought it was a perfect ending for our last meeting to be during NIAW. 

Our update: 
Tomorrow, I go to the doctor for my baseline before starting STIMs! Please be prayerful that all goes well and we will get to continue on with our plan! By the time I write next week, I will have gone back to the doctor again for a check. Thank you all for the prayers! We are so thankful for the group of people we have praying for us! 

Love, Katey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...