Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Feeling Left Behind

Do you ever feel like people's lives are just moving on so much faster than yours? Does it make you feel out of place or feel left behind? 

I feel like that's how I felt this past weekend. I went to one of my friend's house to watch the Auburn football game. All I see is people's lives moving faster than mine. I watch everyone with their one or two kids, talking about having more, etc. Will my future children have any of my friend's children to grow up with? Or are my friend's kids going to be babysitting mine? That's how I feel at this point. But I also don't want people to feel sorry for me, or tip toe around conversations, or feel like they can't invite me places...but then every time I go somewhere I am reminded of what I don't have yet. 

Anyways...

A sermon I listed to not long ago was talking about how we hold onto our faith during trials? I felt like it came at perfect timing. Well, I feel like faith is the main thing that has gotten us through this journey so far. This was one of the statements I wrote down in my notes from the sermon. "God intends every type of trial to strengthen our faith, and Satan intends every type of trial to destroy our faith." The Bible tells us in Romans that "we also see glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulations produce perseverance, and perseverance, character, and character, hope. Now HOPE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:3-5 Then we have Satan, "the thief comes only to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. BUT I (Jesus) have come that you may have life, and they you may have it more abundantly." John 10:10

What does living life abundantly look like? I think it means living our life to the fullest the way God intended us too, knowing where our joy and strength come from daily. Even though we go through difficult times, God promises to give us an abundant life, if we are strong enough to trust him with the details, it may be better than anything we could have imagined for ourselves. We can't spend all our time dwelling on what we don't have...that sounds like something the thief wants us to do. We must be joyful for the things we do have in our lives and thank God for them often! 

HOPE DOESN'T DISAPPOINT! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Later

It has been way too long since I've written in this blog. Here is where we are at now. Hopefully since I'm off for the summer I can ...